Wow. My last post on this blog was on January 10. I 've received emails from some who subscribe to my blog asking if I had decided to stop blogging. I didn't reply immediately because frankly, I wasnt sure what the answer to that was. I love to blog and I use my blog for many reasons -- to share my life with family all over the world, to document events that I want to remember and to share my love of papercrafting and scrapbooking to my friends, family and customers. So while I may post less often, I have decided not to stop blogging, primarily because I do enjoy it and when I find the time in what has evolved into a very busy life, I will continue to update and share with all of you what is happening in my world :)
First here are some before and after pictures of Machen Autosports -- a very small car dealership that has kept us busy these last few months. This transformation was due 98% to Trevor who did all the work...the other 2 % was me showing up handing him nails and a nail gun while he stood on a ladder. First the empty space:
The picture above is the downstairs level and the picture below is the upstairs.
This is what the upstairs looked like before we started all the work....bare floor. We added new floors.
And Trevor bought 10 ft. 2 X 6 wood that he had planed to give them a better finish.
Trevor conceived this idea of using glass panes and wood to create the most unique wall that allowed him to work upstairs while still keeping an eye on the showroom downstairs.
While he did most of the work, I mostly watched and learned and played on the ladder :)
When all the work was completed, it was time for the best part. STAGING! (I feel like the host of an HGTV show, like Fixer Upper saying that word!)
Trevor found that beatufiul, ornate hutch from Craigslist. It was heavy! Thankfully the property manager of the complex allowed us to use his forklift to haul it up to the second floor. It now has been modified and has a sink so we can do dishes up there. Again, Trevor's handiwork!
And below is the final product. It's such a homey, comfortable space that quite often instead of hanging out at home, we stay here, have dinner, watch some TV and then go home.
What else has been happening? Well, we have a new addition to the family. My niece Ashley had a baby girl, Addy. She is tiny and perfect and such a good baby. We had a family get together for Easter and she basically slept through all the noise!
Here is a picture of all of us that day, Easter 2016
And another picture of the entire family after lunch.
Bentley, Jordan and Erika's dog was the other new addition to the family. He has grown so much and has so much energy! Look at how much he as grown in these before and after shots.
He is completely loved by all of us. He comes to all the family events and when we go for dinner at my sister Telly's house, there is always a special serving of freshly cooked chicken breast for him!
Lastly before I end....as I said at the start of this post, it's been so long since I've posted. Life has just been so busy. I find the hours whiz by and the day is over before I know it, the weeks turn into months and the years fly by. I contemplated shutting the blog down because I don't know how much time I can dedicate to it. But I am a scrapbooker, memory maker and storyteller by heart. And I know that if I shut this down, I will regret it one day. All my fellow scrapbookers will agree with me. And if you don't, watch this video. You might understand a bit more why this is so worthwhile.